Re: [oletrucks] computer question

To: <Advdesign1@aol.com>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] computer question
From: "Melanie S. Dickey" <mdickey@gorilla.net>
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 1999 22:14:05 -0500
Mr/Mrs "Advdesign1"

   I do computer work for a living, and to fund my truck project. Tell me
a bit more. Just how does it refuse to load? Do you mean it will not fit
back
into the slot? If so check for a broken receiver lever or a bent diskette
'data window' jaming the slot. If you mean the computer can not read the
data (you may or may not have written)? In this case and also for the
above make sure the diskette is clean and free of  'sand'. Then try it on
another pc. Once again, make sure you do not transfer any 'gunk' to the
next pc.

   I fixed one for a friend building a F**D pickup. In this case the
problem was a small spring which had worked itself loose. This spring
usually closes the dust door. (It's kind of like the sprint for the choke
on a carb.) It would not allow the data to be read back. I swapped in
a replacement and all was fine again.

   3.5" diskette drives are really cheap. I get them for short money
($10-15).
If you can't fine any other problem and still have trouble swap in a new
one.
Its only a power plug, a signal ribbon, and a couple of screws. Just do it
like
changing the spark plug wires. Take it apart and back together one
connection
at a time.

Lonnie

PS You ARE sure you really wrote the data? Did you remember to
    'save' and get a confirmation of complete? Sorry, gotta ask.