[oletrucks] On the road, BUT.........

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] On the road, BUT.........
From: VIKINGHILL@aol.com
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 1999 13:10:35 EDT
Hey everyone,
I don't always mean to be a taker, but here is yet another question /
obsevation for the group:

When I make a hard stop in the '47-2 it idles down and goes dead.  I've
adjusted the mixture screws and that has helped, but I'm close to having it
too reved during idle.  No leaks that I can determine, FINALLY.  I hope that
it is something simple, the gas filter isn't plugged up, but it isn't new.
I've just put a new paper filter on the breather.  I've looked at the plugs
and have cleaned them.  Any suggestions as to what I should do next?

Here are the stats:
the engine is a '53 235.  I've a rochester 1bbl.
the drive line is stock.  The engine was rebuilt in 1980 but probably only
has <10,000 miles on it.  (It sat alot.)  I'm stumped....
Thanks in AD vance.
Casey
'47-2 Thriftmaster 3100
P.S. Any one know the proper timming , spark and point gappage for the '53
235 ci.?
TIA