[oletrucks] insulation

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] insulation
From: Joe Clark <jclark1@utk.edu>
Date: Mon, 03 May 1999 15:17:29 -0400
I need to insulate the inside of my doors against heat and noise and
remember a thread a while back that recommended using the material used to
wrap heating ducts or pipes (???) and they recommended getting it at Lowes.
I assume it was the silver stuff backed with something.  I've got the stuff
for the firewall and floor (silver backed with what looks like carpet
padding) but I don't want to put that in my doors because it could soak up
water).

I went to Lowes and Home Depot and I really didn't find what I thought was
described.  Home Depot had some stuff backed with fiberglass insulation and
Lowes had some stuff to wrap pipes, but it seems pretty thin (maybe 1/8
inch).  Also, I wasn't sure if it would absorb water or not (which is why I
didn't get the fiberglass stuff).  Home Depot had some 1/2 inch thick
styrofoam wall insulation (which I bought-it was cheap) but I'm afraid it
may not bend well enough to stay glued in place.  Any suggestions?

Thanks as always.
Joe
'50 3100

Joe Clark, Southern Appalachian Field Laboratory