RE: [oletrucks] 350 in a 57 3100

To: "'oletrucks@autox.team.net'" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] 350 in a 57 3100
From: sheldon <sheldon@ssmachine.com>
Date: Wed, 5 May 1999 12:10:47 -0700
        Tully,

   you will need to get the little engine mounts and the brackets that bolt
onto the frame, (the frame should already be drilled for these to fit) you
can use the posts and rubbers that supported the front end of the 6.  The
engine belhousing should bolt up to the tranny just fine. The valve covers
and std distributor are close to the firewall, but should clear if using
stock valve covers. All chevy small blocks from 265 thru 400 are the same
on the outside. My '56 had a IL6(235) and I swapped it out for a 283, then
350, then 400, now I'm headed back to a 350 (give me a break, I've had it
since '76).  The biggest challange is throttle linkage, I actually bent my
origional rod and it worked great for many years.

  Good Luck....

  Sheldon Schmidt
  '56 Napco 4x4

>>Maybe yall can help.
Will a 1970 Chevy 350 bolt up to my 4-speed standard transmission and drop
into my truck with out modification to the firewall, steering column,
radiator, etc...?
Someone told me this would work because the Chevy block was the same size
as
the 283 V8 offered as an option in '57.
They also told me they thought I could just invert the front motor mount
holding my 235 in and use them with the 350.

All of this sounds just TOO EASY!

I appreciate this informative list and any help you can give.

Tully Morrison