[oletrucks] Paint

To: "Ole Trucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Paint
From: "Graham Nott" <thenotts@wolfenet.com>
Date: Wed, 5 May 1999 13:21:46 -0700
Tom:

I used to do some video work for a company called Eureka Coach out of
Toronto.  They took brand new GM products and turned them into stretch limos
and hearses.  I remember the owner watching us video the body prep area
where they took Cadillacs right of the trailer from Detroit and poured
industrial strength paint stripper on them!  What a sight!  Good thing they
weren't trucks.  Anyway, this guy told me (he has written numerous books on
professional cars and Packards) that they don't sand (or bead) blast because
they could not get the final finish and "deep" look to the paint that they
do with a good stripping job.  Took longer, he said, and more man hours but
was worth it in the end.

Graham
"Chance is irrelevant. . . we WILL succeed"
                                                   --Seven of Nine