[oletrucks] OD trans

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] OD trans
From: MASK4335@aol.com
Date: Wed, 5 May 1999 20:53:23 EDT
Help-
  I've installed the 3-speed OD trans (was a granny 4-speed) I bought
recently and am now in the process of trying to connect the column shift
linkage I got from other sources.  I'm having nightmares about how to make it
work.  The '65/'66 trans orients the shifter arms down on the shift shafts
rather than one up and one down, as shown in the shop manual.  Should I use
aftermarket shifter arms on the trans or just give up and put a floor shifter
in it?  I want to keep it as stock looking as possible.  Someone out there
must have done this before, help!
Mike Klepp
'48 3100
Wichita Falls, TX