Re: [oletrucks] Coolant in oil

To: "Sam H Harry" <samharry45@juno.com>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Coolant in oil
From: "Kevin Lake" <lakek@oit.edu>
Date: Thu, 6 May 1999 07:59:27 -0700
Sorry, but either that or you were going through some very deep mud
puddles.  If you were in a deep enough mud puddle, you may have taken some
water in through the seals.  I would change the oil ASAP and let it
run/drive it a little, maybe a 1/2 hour (you don't want to run too long),
then check your oil again.  If you had a lot of water in it, there may
still be a little in the oil after this.  You say that it runs hot.  How
hot does it run?  My guess it that you are looking at a new headgasket.  I
had a SB 400ci in an 78 K-10 SWB that had similar problems.  I think I put
3 or four gasket sets in that truck in about 3 years.  Good luck with it.

Kevin Lake
56 GMC Suburban/napco