[oletrucks] Windshield Washers

To: "'oletrucks@autox.team.net'" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Windshield Washers
From: "Nelson, Jeff - DTC" <jnelson@paducah.k12.ky.us>
Date: Wed, 12 May 1999 15:15:26 -0500
I would like to install an original Trico windshield washer on my 53
3600. In the Salesman's Data Book (reprint) for 1949 there is a
photograph of a washer which has a cylindrical object on the top of the
jar lid. A drawing in the Accessories Installation Manual (reprint) for
1953 shows a plain jar lid with a single T connection, one end of the T
going to a foot pump and the other going to the windshield spray nozzle.
A couple of questions.

1. Were these units actually different or is it just a difference
between a photo and a drawing?
2. If they were different (and the cylinder on top of the 49 might be
the pump) how did the 49 unit operate? Did it use a foot pump also or
did it use some other mechanism?

Finally, I have a 1948-53 Trico Windshield Washer for Chevy Passenger
cars that is complete. I'll trade it for a 53 Truck washer or possibly
sell it. If interested, email me off the list.

TIA
Jeff Nelson
1953 3600 (in pieces all over the shop)
Paducah, KY