[oletrucks] Bonehead awards (was air cleaner)

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Bonehead awards (was air cleaner)
From: TENACT@aol.com
Date: Fri, 14 May 1999 01:35:10 EDT
In a message dated 5/13/99 10:25:38 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
monadnoc@wgserv.crystal-mtn.com writes:

<< Hey Paul, in the same vein, I was working on a car a while back and was
 needing a tail light assembly.  I stumbled across one at a flea market
 and bought it for 20 bucks.  Brought it home, but did not install it.  A
 couple weeks went by, when I was at another parts flea market, and
 didn't I see another tail light assembly for 25 bucks.  Forgetting that
 I had just bought one, I proceeded to buy this one as well!

 Just figured I'd let you know that you don't have the market cornered on
 stupidity!!  :^) >>

I don't know if you have it totally cornered:  I did some research on the
differences between the '55-2 and '56 3100 short beds.  In particular, I was
interested in the chrome (which just happens to be most of the difference)
pieces.  A month later, armed with that knowledge, I went out and spent WAY
too much money for a hood badge and fender spears for a '56.  When I arrived
home and excitedly threw open the garage door, I quickly confirmed what I
already knew:  Roscoe is a '55-2!  I only recently got rid of the stuff.

DUH!

Skip Boylan
'55-2 Big Window Shorty