[oletrucks] C Series 4WD Front Axle into TF trucks

To: oletrucks-digest@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] C Series 4WD Front Axle into TF trucks
From: Jeremy Eastman <jeastman@appliedtheory.com>
Date: Wed, 19 May 1999 16:14:29 -0400
I have 4" rear lifts on my 55-2 suburban, but no NAPCO set-up.  The
elevated rear-end isn't great for handling, and I'd like to give it a more
truck-like stance and possibly some better handling by dropping a matching
4WD Chevy front axle into the truck.  Came across a front axle from a '67
Chevy 4WD 1/2 ton pickup for a decent price- haven't looked at it yet.  I
know it might be a monstrosity to ever get it rigged as 4WD on a TF truck,
but all I'm looking for is a straight front axle that will fit with no
hassles.

My old '66 didn't have power steering, so I'm thinking or hoping (hard to
do both at the same time, effectively ;) that a '67 front axle & steering
MIGHT just fit right into a stock 55 steering set-up.  Anybody have some
wisdom or personal experience on this?  I swapped a few e-mails back and
forth with Kevin Lake on on something like this, but it was mostly
regarding dropping a more modern Blazer axle, and did requires some mod's
to steering box set-up.

This guys also got a 67 transfer case.  Y'know, about that monstrosity
comment...