Re: [oletrucks] Oil Filter Warning

To: Kevin Lake <lakek@oit.edu>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Oil Filter Warning
From: Grant Galbraith <trks@javanet.com>
Date: Thu, 20 May 1999 13:12:45 -0400
I don't buy Fram anymore for my Volv@s. The one with 250 K on it starting
making a rod noise at startup at only 200 K. I asked my mechanic about it an
he asked what oil filter I used which was Fram. He said to switch to
something else. Skeptical, I tried a factory filter and never heard the noise
again. I'm told Fram doesn't use an adequate check valve for this
application. Who knows how much I shortened the life of that engine with all
those dry starts.

Grant 50 3100