[oletrucks] canopy express

To: oletrucks <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] canopy express
From: Brad Newman <bkn@cyberramp.net>
Date: Fri, 21 May 1999 11:12:24 -0500
A while back I informed the list that I had found an AD canopy (48) in
relatively good shape. There for a while I thought that I was going to
be able to get it, but until I finish with my 49 and 24, I have decided
to not take on any extra projects (actually, my wife decided for me!).
If anyone would like a shot at it, its in AZ at Patricks (520) 836-1117.
He has about 90 trucks that he's getting rid of (so I've heard), and he
has ONE canopy. He said that the truck has no rust, and the only major
problem was that the front end was "messed up". I'm not sure what that
means, but he said that I could pull parts off of some of his other
trucks to replace the "messed up" parts. The only other problem is that
someone cut two half circles out of the bed sides to help hold their
oxygen/acetylene bottles, but these could be repaired with some scrap
metal and a welder. According to him, the truck runs, and is all
original.
He was asking $3000.00, but he came down to $2500 pretty quick. If
anyone on the list gets it, please let us know as I would like to see
some pics when it's completed.
Brad