[oletrucks] Interior colors

To: "oletrucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Interior colors
From: "Paul W. Franchina" <pfoxtrot@gate.net>
Date: Thu, 27 May 1999 08:45:52 -0400
When the PO painted old Boris he sure went at it hot and heavy. Even if it
wasn't nailed down he primed and painted it in the red/brown color. Now I
know from VIN that the truck was originally Dawn Blue. This was a medium
blue, not the real dark blue and not a baby blue. What I don't know is what
the interior colors might have been for this truck. I've tried using
chemical stripper in various spots to see if I could eat through the
chocolate color only but it may have been stripped. There was some evidence
of a black on the dash top and the door panels seem to have a light color -
lighter than the body color in places. I pulled off (well it crumbled) the
firewall pad to find a sort of silver gray color and parts of the steering
column have a more charcoal kind of gray. So now, with some evidence of 62
different colors on the truck, what might have been a color scheme used ion
a one (body) tone truck of a 1958 vintage for complementary interior
colors. I want it to be faithful to the original, if possible. I've got
black and white photos that show the dash was two tone top/bottom, and the
doors seemed to follow suit but no color guide to help.

Thanks

Paul W. Franchina
pfoxtrot@gate.net
& Boris: 1958 Chevrolet Apache 3100 Stepside