Another Window Question (was Re: [oletrucks] Vent Window Question)

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Another Window Question (was Re: [oletrucks] Vent Window Question)
From: "Joseph L. Burnett" <jbrntt@juno.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 1999 17:38:04 -0400
On Sun, 25 Apr 1999 01:03:32 -0400 "Kevin D. Pennell"
<pennellkd@f-a-s-t.net> writes:
>Bill, The vent window glass is held in place by a "Glass Filler" strip,
>which creates the seal holding the glass in place.  In a well ventilated
>area, use gasoline to soak and soften the seal. The glass will come
>right out.  Clean the inside of the channel thoroughly, and remove all
rust,
>etc.    <<<<<snipped excellent how-to instructions>>>>>

My question is about tech data.  Its been so long since I took the window
framing/regulators, window channels, vent windows, etc. out of the doors
of my '56 that I probably couldn't put it back together without some sort
of schematic, diagram, manual, etc.

What's the best source of info that covers where all that stuff fits, and
includes details on how to replace the felt fuzzies, rubber seals, window
channel material and weather stripping.  That said where does one obtain
this info.

Thanks in advance,
Joe Burnett
Warner Robins GA