Re: [oletrucks] gas tank

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] gas tank
From: Wayne Osborne <wcosborne@inetnow.net>
Date: Fri, 04 Jun 1999 11:52:58 -0400
Where exactly is it clogged at? Is the pickup tube clogged, or the line that
connects to the pickup/guage sending unit going to the fuel pump?  It would
be easier to replace the line if it is clogged, Is their goop in the bottom
of the
tank, or is the goop in the pickup tube?  If in the pickup it can be removed
and probably soaked in an aceton soak and it might clean it, but if its varnish
over pretty good, might be lookin at buying you another one as that stuff can
get pretty hard... Remember there is sock filter on the end of the pickup
tube that can get clogged up easily.  Wayne

At 09:10 AM 6/5/99 -0600, you wrote:
>How do I fix my clogged gas tank?  It is clogged with old gas that turned
>to tar.
>

>Brok Thayn
>'58 Chevy 3100

---------
                 http://www.chevytrucks.org/users/wayne
For a quick view of oletrucks mailing list members trucks go to:
         http://www.chevytrucks.org/users/wayne/member.html