[oletrucks] bed work

To: Ole Truckers <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] bed work
From: Tim Lloyd <lloydt@Colorado.EDU>
Date: Sat, 5 Jun 1999 18:39:51 -0600 (MDT)
My '54 Chevy 3100 has been altered by a PO to have the spare tire mounted
on the passenger side of the bed, between the rear fender and the cab.
Regardless of how it looks, I'm trying for an authentic restoration, so
I'm looking to move the spare back under the bed.  However, when this
alteration was done, said PO had to cut up the rear fender and weld a
mounting bracket to the side of the bed.  So what I may be doing in the
future is replacing the right rear fender, and possibly the bed side.
Could anyone with experience like this let me know what kind of work this
entails - i.e., is any metal cutting/welding required, etc.?
Thanks.

Tim Lloyd, omaha@tmbg.org
"War is an instrument entirely inefficient toward redressing wrong; and
multiplies, instead of indemnifying losses." -Thomas Jefferson
"Do not be too moral.  You may cheat yourself out of much of life.  So aim
above morality.  Be not simply good; be good for something." -Thoreau
"...failure to terraform Mars constitutes failure to live up to our human
nature and a betrayal of our responsibility as members of the community of
life itself." -Robert Zubrin