[oletrucks] Rear end install

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Rear end install
From: MASK4335@aol.com
Date: Sun, 6 Jun 1999 20:20:38 EDT
Finally got the old closed drive rear out of my '48 today.  Getting ready to
install the '57 open drive rear in the near future.  I need to know about
brake drums.  Will my '48 drums interchange with the '57 drums?  The ones
from my '48 are great, but the '57 drums are not so good.  I guess the best
thing I can do is try to swap them and see what happens, but I would like to
know for sure.  I do have the rest of the '48 rear brakes that are in good
shape if anyone needs them.  The wheel cylinders were rebuilt last year and
the shoes are good too.  All the hardware is serviceable.
Mike Klepp
'48 3100
Wichita Falls, TX