Re: [oletrucks] Pinstripes For Grille Bars

To: "David Raphael" <draphael@teleport.com>,
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Pinstripes For Grille Bars
From: "tcape" <tcape@weblnk.net>
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 1999 17:25:14 -0400
Dave, I put the pinstripes on my grille bars based on the pictures I've seen
and my rememberance as a kid.  Not scientific, but it looks pretty good.  I
used a 1/8" pinstripe and put the top of the pinstripe exactly 3/4" from the
bottom of each grille bar (obviously, that makes the bottom of the stripe
5/8" from the bottom of the grille bar).

I had never put any pinstripes on before, but found it easier than I
thought.  (I believe you and I discussed application methods when we
discussed the pinstripe on the cab.)  I wouldn't hesitate to do it again
myself.  Just need to go slow and steady.  You can always peel it off and
start over if you need to.  Good luck!
Tom Caperton
'47 2nd 3100