[oletrucks] Worn suspension parts

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Worn suspension parts
From: MASK4335@aol.com
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 1999 21:26:06 EDT
When I got the shackles apart (new a couple of years back) to remove my old
rear end, I discovered that the spring eye bolts and bushings were shot too.
The right side was really bad.  I called my favorite parts place (Chevy Duty)
but the parts were back ordered and would take three weeks.  I decided to
call my local NAPA store. They could get everything I needed in two days.
The old guy that runs the place has a '50 wrecker of his own.  It is nice to
have a sympathetic ear when you need parts.  I think when I get the rear
mounted and all together, I'll do the same to the front end.  It can't hurt.
Mike Klepp
'48 3100
Wichita Falls, TX