[oletrucks] VIRUS ALERT---NOT A HOAX!!!

To: "'oletrucks'" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] VIRUS ALERT---NOT A HOAX!!!
From: Tom Burt <tburt@hirose.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 1999 10:03:20 -0700
Fellow truckers:

WARNING:This is not a hoax!!!

DO NOT TAKE THIS LIGHTLY!!!!!

I just talked to a friend from my previous employer who said that three of
their divisions were hit and one was hit so bad that their server has been
down since this a.m.

There are 2 new viruses going around. They both show up in email. If you
get an email with either ZIPPED_FILES.EXE or PRETTY.PARK.EXE attached to
it, DO NOT OPEN THESE FILES!!!

If you open the ZIPPED_FILES program it will delete all document files from
your system (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.). If you open the PRETTY.PARK
program it will set your security so your machine can be viewed and
modified over the Internet.

The viruses propagate themselves by sending an email to everyone in your
address book. If you receive an email with this attachment, DELETE the
email and send an email back to the person and let them know they are
infected.

If you lose your files from your computer, there is no way for me to
retrieve them.

You can get more info from the following websites:
http://vil.mcafee.com/villib/alpha.asp and
http://www.symantec.com/avcenter/

The file creates a personalized e-mail via a macro or something like that.
 The files are not recoverable because they zeroize the file size.  You
cannot undelete the file either because of the file size.

DO TAKE THIS SERIOUSLY!!!  We are especially vulnerable.

Tom B. '57 Stepside 3200