[oletrucks] curious oletruck story

To: Ole Truckers <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] curious oletruck story
From: Tim Lloyd <lloydt@Colorado.EDU>
Date: Sun, 13 Jun 1999 23:21:19 -0600 (MDT)
I never thought my ole truck would get me in trouble (well, I occasionally
worry about not having a front license plate)...
As I was driving home to Boulder from Loveland (a bit north of Boulder)
along I-25 at about three in the morning the other night, I was pulled
over by two police Jeeps.  One of the policemen asked me where I had been,
got my licence, etc., then told me that someone driving a 1950's-style
pickup had been involved in an assault at a truck stop near where he had
seen me get on the highway.  I told him I had just come from a friend's
house in Loveland, and gave him the phone number there, which they
apparently went to call.  The policeman then came back, made sure I didn't
have any yellow sunglasses (apparently the person they were looking for
had yellow sunglasses), and let me go.  Then, about three minutes later,
another policeman pulled me over, telling me that my registration didn't
check out.  He checked it again, made sure the truck was mine, and let me
on my way.
I'm boggled by the odds of two AD pickups driving around near Loveland at
three in the morning on a weeknight, and by the odds that someone owning
an ole truck would be the kind of person to commit an assault.  Well, if
it did happen, I hope the guy loses his truck, and that it ends up in the
hands of someone a bit nicer.

Tim Lloyd, omaha@tmbg.org
"War is an instrument entirely inefficient toward redressing wrong; and
multiplies, instead of indemnifying losses." -Thomas Jefferson
"Do not be too moral.  You may cheat yourself out of much of life.  So aim
above morality.  Be not simply good; be good for something." -Thoreau
"...failure to terraform Mars constitutes failure to live up to our human
nature and a betrayal of our responsibility as members of the community of
life itself." -Robert Zubrin