[oletrucks] Mystery Motor Number

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Mystery Motor Number
From: Hudson29@aol.com
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 1999 18:51:47 EDT
        Last week I posted a request for info on the 235 I am getting ready
to install in my project AD, but perhaps as I had buried this request in with
another post, it was largely overlooked. With the starter off, the casting
number is clearly visible. It is:

CON4     29

        The stamped number behind the distributor is:

FIOI4A

        Can anybody make anything of these numbers? Mike had a go last week,
but some of the numbers seemed out of place. I believe (and hope as I have
already bought the manuals) that the motor is a '59 truck motor, but would
like to confirm this.

Paul O'Neil,
1951 Chevrolet 3600 Pickup Project, See it at:
The Poor Man's Advanced Design Tech Tips Page
http://home.earthlink.net/~conntest47/
Fullerton, California USA
Hudson29@aol.com