Re: [oletrucks] Re: What's the original width of a '53 1/2 ton

To: WR Teto <monadnoc@wgserv.crystal-mtn.com>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Re: What's the original width of a '53 1/2 ton
From: jelerath@us.ibm.com
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 1999 09:19:38 -0600

Wally,
Thanks for the measurements.
I'm in California.....won't be very easy to get one to me.  What manufacture and
vintage are they?

Jon Elerath
jelerath@us.ibm.com

WR Teto <monadnoc@wgserv.crystal-mtn.com> on 06/15/99 10:34:14 PM

Please respond to WR Teto <monadnoc@wgserv.crystal-mtn.com>

To:   Ole Trucks <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
cc:    (bcc: Jon Elerath/San Jose/IBM)
      differential?

Funny you should ask Jon.  I got all those measurements from my 53 1/2
ton, and the distance across from backing plate to backing plate was
approximately 55".  I don't suppose you're in my area (Massachusetts) as
I've got a complete rear end (actually 2 of 'em) that I'd be interested
in getting rid of.

Wally / Templeton, MA
53 3100

  I am wondering if the differential is too narrow.  Does