[oletrucks] 1958-60 235ci. in need of new owner

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] 1958-60 235ci. in need of new owner
From: Jeff Davis <jsd51@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 1999 00:42:31 PDT
Hi all,

     Was wondering if anyone out there is needing a 235. Looked up the
casting #'s awhile back and believe it was dated around 1960. It's been
freshly painted (orange) however it's not without need of some attention.
When I bought the truck the po told me that the motor was freshly rebuilt.
When I put the engine on an engine stand to replace the rope seal (rear
main) with a rubber one (which has been alot kinder to the garage floor) I
also put a new oil pump in it thinking that would solve the problem I had
with intermittent loss of oil pressure. I did notice that the main bearings
had some copper color to them when I lifted the crank to slide in the rear
seal but didn't know enough about it at that time to realize that the main
bearings were my problem. Anyway I have to say I believe the po that it was
freshly rebuilt because it's clean as a pin on the inside. Don't know if
they just put the main bearings in the wrong positions or backward or if
they torqued them too much or too little but either way their bad so if
anyone is interested let me know. Not sure if it's worth enough to have it
shipped anywhere but I'm about 30 miles west of St. Louis if anyone is close
enough to pick it up.

Jeff Davis
St. Peters,MO
'51 custom