[oletrucks] Fuel Shutoff Valve Packing?

To: Advdesign1@aol.com, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Fuel Shutoff Valve Packing?
From: Hudson29@aol.com
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 1999 22:07:08 EDT
        Bob ADler informed us:

        "I clean them with lacquer thinner.  Unscrew packing nut, remove old
packing, and replace withnew from hardware store.  tighten nut just enough so
stem doesn't leak.  thats it.

        I just took mine apart, but missed seeing any packing in it. There
was some goopy stuff that might have been anything 50 years ago. Where does
the packing go, and how much do you use? If I ask at the hardware store for
"packing" will they know which I need?

Paul O'Neil,
1951 Chevrolet 3600 Pickup Project, See it at:
The Poor Man's Advanced Design Tech Tips Page
http://home.earthlink.net/~conntest47/
Fullerton, California USA
Hudson29@aol.com