Re: [oletrucks] '53 3800 series

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] '53 3800 series
From: SHAWN & JO <YOOPERWANNABE@PRODIGY.net>
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 1999 09:09:50 -0400
STMSymank@aol.com wrote:

> If a local expert says a one ton is worth $27,000 tell him to get out his
> checkbook. As a matter of fact if he says its worth $9,000 tell him to get
> out his checkbook
>
> Stan the man
        I have to go with Stan on this one. Even if it is in immaculate
condition, the heavier trucks just aren't valued as much as the 1/2
tons. A closer bet would be $4-7000, and that would have to be the
"right" buyer to get that. I saw an extremly nice 52 3800 at a local
show not long ago that had been mostsly restored and just needed a few
cosmetic details to be finished and the price was only $3500. Another
$500 dollars or so and it could have been entered in local car show
contests.