RE: [oletrucks] Gas tanks

To: "George Long" <longgw@nni.com>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] Gas tanks
From: "Ted Timmons" <tedt@colubs.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 1999 09:13:17 -0700
Gas tanks are a perennial problem. Some rigs put them at the back, which was
dangerous for rear-end accidents (pinto). Some vehicles put them towards the
front of the bed (I'm thinking the Jimmy? Maybe a K-5 blazer? S-10?), but
that can be dangerous if your driveshaft decides to frag. Some put them on
the outside of the frame rails, which was a great way to see how much you
could fake journalism (think 73-87 fullsize pickups). Inside the cab can be
dangerous if the tank leaks or gets hit funny or you like to smoke a stogie.

So it's really a case of "pick your poison". I'm thinking that when I ever
get around to doing it right, I'll put a large fuel cell in the front of the
bed (right next to the NO2 bottle).

--
Ted Timmons           Web Administrator
tedt@colubs.com                    JAPH