RE: [oletrucks] What rear is it?

To: "'oletrucks@autox.team.net'" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] What rear is it?
From: sheldon <sheldon@ssmachine.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 1999 16:52:59 -0700
    Mike,

  Yes it sounds like a "Limited Slip" or posi rear end, I came across one
about 18 years ago at a wreaking yard in an early '60 1/2 ton.  bought just
the drop out, for $65.00.  As far as I know, that rear end posi or not with
the 3.90 raito was used from 55.2 (or earlier) through '67 or '68, might
check the parts cross over manuals.  But for those of us with 4x4's and too
much power, they are really great to have!  As for taking it apart , I
havn't seen the inside of mine for 18 years....

  Sheldon Schmidt  '56 napco 4x4