[oletrucks] Hood Side Trim/Valve Cover Hardware

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Hood Side Trim/Valve Cover Hardware
From: Hudson29@aol.com
Date: Thu, 1 Jul 1999 21:57:33 EDT
        The AD enblem problem is resolved. A minute or so filing on each post
allowed the hood side "Chevrolet" medallion to slip right into position where
it had been too snug for comfort before.  The nuts tightened on with no
trouble and now both sides are installed and looking very attractive.
        Chevy used special hardware to hold down the valve covers on the late
fifties on up engines. A slot head screw held down a special washer that
pressed the cover more evenly than a standard round washer would have. I went
to my local friendly stainless merchant, Hillco Fasteners
<http://www.hillcofasteners.com/> but they didn't have them. I did buy a set
of "Bowtie" capscrews that will work, but they look too modern and dressy for
the old Stovebolt and I would like to find the stock type. Does anybody have
a source for these items, preferably in stainless?

Paul O'Neil, Hudson29@aol.com
1951 Chevrolet 3600 Pickup Project, See it at:
The Poor Man's Advanced Design Tech Tips Page
http://home.earthlink.net/~conntest47/
Fullerton, California USA
AEROMARK - Need Rubber Stamps or Signs? See:
http://hometown.aol.com/hudson29/myhomepage/index.html