[oletrucks] PTO winch results

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] PTO winch results
From: "Pat Wilson '56GMC Napco" <crankit@fcmail.com>
Date: Fri, 02 Jul 1999 19:16:39 -0800
As I said I would check out this Napco truck with a winch on it.  What I found
even surprised me, for this is the first time I have ever seen the bottom plate
on the transfer case used as a PTO opening.
You see the plate opening on the transfer case is an 8 bolt pattern, where as
the typical would be a 6 bolt pattern. This is where I noticed that the 8 bolt
plate was cut out and the 6 bolt PTO was then bolted up to it, either drilled
and tapped, or studs installed.  Anyway, the drive line came forward off to the
left side of the truck to a appeared to be a home made bracket, which held a
supporing bearing, then to the winch direct drive. Well that is all for now
Pat

Pat (crankit)

Sent by FortuneCity Mail at http://www.fortunecity.com

Join now and receive 20Mb of free web space and E-mail