Re: [oletrucks] newbie carb question

To: "Earl R. Youngs" <eyoungs@cybrzn.com>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] newbie carb question
From: "Kevin D. Pennell" <pennellkd@f-a-s-t.net>
Date: Sun, 4 Jul 1999 19:55:46 -0400
Earl,

    My 59' with 235 6cyl. probably has the same carb.  Its listed as a GM
Model "B" downdraft.  The numbers are just above the seam where the top 4
corner screws hold the top to the bottom, on the side with the throttle
linkage facing the firewall.  They are behind the linkage and hard to spot.
Went to NAPA and they had it in the books.  Cost 98.00 for a rebuild with
the core.  Works great!  They made two versions of the model "B".  One was
for 235's and one was for 261's.  The difference is in the size of the
throat diameters and jets.  Good luck.

Yours, Kevin
59' Apache 38/NAPCO