Re: [oletrucks] original parts from a 57 3200

To: oletrucks <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] original parts from a 57 3200
From: ace0027@ibm.net
Date: Mon, 05 Jul 1999 16:57:07 -0500
Jim,
    Boy did your letter take me back! I was 16 when I bought my first truck
"Ace". A 1956 Chevy P/U. Besides the fact that we seem to have simular
taste, mine had a 350 4-speed standerd with a 388 geared 12 bolt rear.  The
motor was bored 30, running a comp cam and a 2X4 tunnel ram with dual
Holleys.
    But also I must tell you that the good part is in every little thing
you do. The construction, the day-dreaming, the unexpected, and the
finished project. I drove Ace for years and years, and it was such a part
of my life that it seemed that he was so much more than a truck, but family
as well.
    Now I'm 37 and a Husband, and Father. Ace is a memory, but not
completely dead. Parts of him are going into "Ace II". My '56 Panel (more
family room) with a 12 bolt rear, 30 over 350, etc. etc.
    Have fun with your friend, and keep it between the ditches!

Terry & Ace
http://milezone.com/terry/