Re: Re: [oletrucks] EFI was Thanks to all!!

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Re: [oletrucks] EFI was Thanks to all!!
From: MarkNoakes@aol.com
Date: Tue, 6 Jul 1999 21:30:36 EDT

<<Jeff,

In a recent article I read about upgrading to Tuned Port EFI.  Benefits
included immediate start, no tuning for altitude, better gas mileage etc.
It was in the August 1999 Street Rodder Magazine on page 174.

Might be an option.  They suggested early 90's Camaro as I recall.

David Edwards
1954 3100 5 Window Deluxe>>

Sounds like that might be the LT1 engine; definitely great in a
Corvette/Camaro and possibly in a truck, but it's designed for higher RPM
horsepower.  The older long intake runner TPI engines (L98 in 85-90?) with
the MAF (mass air flow sensor)-based control in the Vettes and Camaros
develop torque at lower RPM's and can adapt to moderate engine modifications
w/o a reprogram of the PROM.  The vette engines for a given year generally
have more hp as well.

Either is a great engine--good HP, good gas mileage, great drivability.

. . .I have a really silly notion to do a retro look version of the TPI
engine for the the Sub someday. . .

Mark Noakes
58/56 Sub
86 Corvette Indy with L98 TPI