[oletrucks] Re: gas guage Smokey

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Re: gas guage Smokey
From: "Pat Wilson '56GMC Napco" <crankit@fcmail.com>
Date: Thu, 08 Jul 1999 21:22:15 -0800
Let me clarify..ohm meter good?....attach one end to the top base of the
sender, the other end to the output post terminal, move the float and no
reading?. I believe that would be a no good sending unit. If your not sure of
the ohm meter, attach as if it were installed in the tank, but leave it out of
the tank, attach the correct sending unit wire to the post/spade terminal, the
other "ground" to a different ground source, there may be a possibility the
ground is not going thru the correct pathes of ground to complete the circuit,
in other words, say the tank was powder coated, and the tank straps had an
insulation under them so in essence the tank is not realy grounded!
I don't know if this is a possibility, but a thought, but if it did have a
separate ground wire, I would definately check that out for continuity before
continuing. Hope this helps, '56 GMC Napco 1ton

Pat '56 GMC Napco

Sent by FortuneCity Mail at http://www.fortunecity.com

Join now and receive 20Mb of free web space and E-mail