[oletrucks] 49 3600

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] 49 3600
From: "nateley" <nateley@email.msn.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 1999 09:33:23 -0500
Hi everyone,
I am new to this list - I just got a 49 Chevy 3600 (stake bed). The truck is
is very good shape(no rust) but needs lots of work. I don't think the engine
is original as the rocker cover is attached by 4 slotted screws and the
water pump is below the head(235?). The engine has a rod knock when hot so I
need to do some rebuilding. My questions are : - can I replace rod /main
bearings with the engine in the truck?
- what are the best manuals for general maintenance/ engine rebuilding/
where to buy?
- best parts sources new/used?
Any other advise would be much appreciated.
I,m sure I will have lots of other questions as I try to resurrect the
beast.
Thanks in advance,
Dave Camp