Re: [oletrucks] Got my engineering cap on

To: JD Sipes <jdsipes@ouray.cudenver.edu>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Got my engineering cap on
From: Bill Bailey <billb@gamewood.net>
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 1999 07:09:59 -0400
Yeah I would suspect that all that unsprung weight from those monster tires
are what causes that.  I will be running a regular street tire.
Essentially it will be the same frame as Chevy put under the trucks from
67-72 and I've found those trucks extremely nice to drive and to ride in.

At 02:09 AM 7/15/99 -0600, you wrote:
>hmmm....
>
>    You may want to talk to some 4 wheelrs about this. I know a friend of
mine
>was talking to some people about this and they said it was great for wheelin,
>but that it made street driving a little hairy, I guess the suspension is
REAL
>soft and you get ALOT of body lean, but then again big time and lifts are
>added to that equation..
>
>    Hey Jack, arent you a engineer with a lot of swappin experience under
your
>belt!
>
>Bill Bailey wrote:
>
>> I've got this (crazy?) idea about a rear suspension for my truck.
>> Take a look below
>>
>> http://members.tripod.com/~oltruck/misc/susp000.jpg
>>
>> http://members.tripod.com/~oltruck/misc/susp001.jpg
>>
>> http://members.tripod.com/~oltruck/misc/susp002.jpg
>>
>> I am thinking of putting the trailing arms from this wrecked 69 frame onto
>> my 57 frame.
>>
>> Has anyone ever tried this?
>>
>> BTW..I do have the panhard bar and the pieces that weld on the axle tube.
>>
>> Bill Bailey
>> http://members.tripod.com/~oltruck
>> oletrucks is devoted to Chevy and GM trucks built between 1941 and 1959

Bill Bailey
http://members.tripod.com/~oltruck