[oletrucks] Engine temperature

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Engine temperature
From: "Charles Culver" <sculver@iwl.net>
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 1999 16:57:35 -0700
I think I saw this subject come up recently, but at the time I didn't have
the problem.  My engine temperature (coolant) jumps up to 212 shortly after
I start driving (after having cooled off completely), and then quickly drops
back to 180, where it stays until I turn the motor off.  Then it jumps back
up to 212, drops back to 180, etc.  I replaced the thermostat and pressure
cap.  I don't believe this was happening until recently, and don't believe
it's supposed to do this.  Could I have a problem with the water pump, or is
this just how it is with the old 235's (mine's a '59 model engine)?

Thanks-

Smokey
'50 3600 5-window