[oletrucks] Strange noise in a IL6

To: "OleTruck list" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Strange noise in a IL6
From: "Eric Johnson" <j.eric1@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 1999 19:45:23 -0700
Hi to all, I have a 270 gmc IL6 in a 48 suburban that when I start to
release the clutch pedal(in reverse only)there is a noise that sounds like
my tire is rubbing on the fender, or the fan is hitting the shroud,
however this is not the case. Could this be my timing gear, or something
from clutch area that transmits the sound towards the front. I've never
heard this in any forward gear. Hopefully somebody knows what the heck this
is. I can't fix what I don't know . TIA
Eric 48 3600 suburban