Re: Boy was I WRONG!!!! RE: [oletrucks] 55 2nd short (for me)

To: "Hanlon, Bill" <Bill.Hanlon@COMPAQ.com>
Subject: Re: Boy was I WRONG!!!! RE: [oletrucks] 55 2nd short (for me)
From: RifeB@ttc.com
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 1999 17:27:42 -0400
I have a 46 1/2 ton ART DECO with a 6 volt system, without a starter
solenoid. I had thougts of wiring a spring loaded switch with a ballast
resistor. When starting engine, hold switch closed(supplying full 6 volts
to coil),then release switch(power goes through ballast, 3 volts to coil) .
The purpose will be to save points wear. Whatdoya think? This also has a
polarity reversing switch mounted to the starter motor

Bill Rife   46 babbit beater