[oletrucks] 235 Hd gasket same as 261?

To: owner-0@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] 235 Hd gasket same as 261?
From: Jeremy Eastman <jeastman@appliedtheory.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 1999 16:30:39 -0400
I've run into this getting hi-po plugs for my 235.  Because the 261 ran all
the way to '62, and was pretty much identical to the 235, I ask for a '62
Chevy 261 plug set.

Having them look for a '62 Chevy 261 part might be easier.  I think NAPA
stops their computerizing of parts inventory at '62.  Most others stop at
'66, some at '68, and the really amatuer parts places at '72.

This works for plugs.  Your mileage on head gaskets may vary.  I hope
anybody else on the list may have some info on the specific of head
differences between years.

Some good sources of info for head/block issues:

http://www.inliners.org/
http://www.cliffordperformance.com/

(another URL is courtesy of our Australian counterparts and has some real
good info on engines, parts, etc. 49-62, but I can't finf it right now.
Maybe somebody on the group has it handy.  It was an article from Patrick's)