[oletrucks] Fwd: 55GMC w/ 288 Pontiac

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Fwd: 55GMC w/ 288 Pontiac
From: SBOHNAK@aol.com
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 1999 13:55:30 EDT
--part1_a9279d23.24cdfb12_boundary

I purchased a 1955 GMC 3/4 t long bed with a Pontiac 288 V8.  I just can't
get this tired old engine to run right and had some questions to those of you
who are better at this than me.  I want to install a chevy 350 small block.
My questions are:
1.      What is involved besides motor mounts.
2.      Is there an adapter for for the 4 speed so mate to the 350, or should
I go with       new  a newer trans.
3.      What wiring is involved with the conversion to the 350.

I'm new at this.  Jack of all trades, master of none.  But I want to learn.
Any help is greatly appreciated.
Steve B. 55 GMC

--part1_a9279d23.24cdfb12_boundary