RE: [oletrucks] Re: Petronix

To: "Grant Galbraith" <trks@javanet.com>, <Raymond_Hunt@vesuvius.com>
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] Re: Petronix
From: "Eric Johnson" <j.eric1@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 1999 09:08:45 -0700
I put one on my 56 270 gmc. I bought the oldest model made, threw the
advance plate away, bolted the pickup to my existing breaker plate, slid the
actuator on(it was a little sloppy so I had to shim w/copper tape) and away
I went. There's only one problem, you can't adjust your dwell. I may change
back to dual points sometime down the road. But for now it's great. The
reason I changed mine was cause my dual point mallory conversion breaker
plate, was impossible to find replacement set of points. After searching for
2 yrs I finally gave in to my buddys advice. Just buy one and make it adapt
to your situation. It woked for me.
Eric