Re: [oletrucks] Bed Wood

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Bed Wood
From: Bob Fischer <bfischer@utm.net>
Date: Tue, 03 Aug 1999 12:58:24 -0700
Hi Dave,

I did the wood in our 49 3100 last spring. I made my own wood via Home Depot
and some time on a table saw and use of a router.
I purchased the side angles (2) and the pre-punched (sq holes) raw steel strips
from Mar-K via the internet and a credit card. They arrived in about a week via
UPS packed in a long cardboard mailing tube without damage. This is a driver
so I just painted the strips with some epoxy based black appliance paint in a
spray can, and used chrome plated carriage bolts/nuts/wshrs. I used a oak
stain and three coats of semi-gloss marine varnish on the planks prior to final
installation.
I went with Mar-K due to recommendations from several folks who have done
the beds on their trucks. I haven't done but this one, so I have no opinion on
the others suppliers.  Good luck with the project.

>currently looking at a couple of suppliers -- Jim Carter and an outfit I
>found on the Internet called "Mar-K" that seems to specialize in bed wood.
>Prices are about the same.  Has anyone done business with Mar-K before and
>were you satisfied?

"Nothin lasts forever except old Fords and a natural stone" - Willie Nelson

http://home.utm.net/bfischer          e-mail - bfischer@utm.net

robert.fischer@cdc.com

rfischer@worldnet.att.net