[oletrucks] resto pack

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] resto pack
From: varanus@mail.phoenix.net
Date: Mon, 9 Aug 1999 15:25:39 -0500
Hi: just thought I'd throw my 2 cents in.  I ordered a resto pack for
1958 suburbans or whatever they could give me for 58 several months
ago.   I thought it , putting it eloquently, sucked.

I had ordered a resto pack for my 51 chevy deluxe 10 years ago that I
still refer to constantly. It had a comprehensive list of old truck parts
suppliers, pictures - all kinds of great stuff.

The 58 resto pack I got recently had, among other things, a bunch of
new chevy flyers in it and very little regarding actual 58 data and
nothing (although I wasn't surprised) about suburbans.

I haven't looked at it even once, it had xerox copies that were hard to
make out and didn't have any pics of the chevy line. Nor did it have a
list of suppliers.  Maybe I got the wrong pack but I called them several
times, finally gave them a VIN # to a truck I was considering buying
(which I didn't) and it took weeks to get here.