Re: [oletrucks] Window Glass and Radiator Hoses

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Window Glass and Radiator Hoses
From: "Allen L. Jones" <ALJ@hartcrowser.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 1999 08:17:18 -0700
If the glass setting tape is original on your windows, then you want to be
gentle on the metal frame if you want to reuse it as the years of goop will
have super glued the frame to the glass (and the frame bends very easy).  First
remove the two fasteners from the lower frame channel.  If original, they will
likely be frozen and will require extraction by your favorite torture method.
I found the easiest way to remove the frame was to gently (with PPE in place)
break the glass with a hammer and gently work the glass out of the frame(s).
Of course this assumes you are replacing the glass.  Sandblasting the frame
followed by painting would be appropriate.  The two fasteners are available
from your favorite old truck vendor, but will be slotted, not clutch head (sad
for those of us who love clutch heads).  The setting tape is also available
from same.

In regards to mating a "modern" 235/261 to an original AD radiator, the correct
lower hose per Patrick of Patrick's is a 16"L x 1-3/4"D x 1-1/2"D flex hose
with and internal spring (so it doesn't collapse) AND a rigid back (the rigid
back is an embedded steel rod so that when you bend the hose, it retains it's
shape).  It worked perfect (and Napa has it).  Thanks for all the responses.

Allen in Seattle
'50 3100

>>> "Doug Pewterbaugh" <dpewter@email.msn.com> 08/11/99 05:15AM >>>
After seeing Grant's msg, I need to clarify.  The 4 screws he describes ARE
the ones that hold the window in the track of the window regulator.  The two
screw I referred are at the edges & hold the bottom channel to the top
curved channel; encapsulating the glass.

Regards,
Doug Pewterbaugh
dpewter@msn.com
Denton, TX