Re: [oletrucks] engine troubles

To: longgw@nni.com, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] engine troubles
From: Passnb4U@aol.com
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 1999 20:46:49 EDT
In a message dated 8/17/99 5:23:32 PM Pacific Daylight Time, longgw@nni.com
writes:

<< My dad is having troubles with the 235 in his 49 3100, we went
 to put it in our newly finished garage and it started up fine as it
 always does, When i put it in gear it proceeded to die, I started
 it up again with a little trouble and it backfired(quietly) and died
 it did this a few times. Pretty soon it wasn't even firing so we
 roled it down the hill on our property because the battery was
 dying this also did not work.  We tried jump starting it with 12
 volts it kicked once but that was it, this motor had low
 compression when we bought the truck so we knew it wasn't
 long for this world. When we pulled the dipstick it had an extra
 half quart that it didn't have before and it smells of gasoline.
 Heres the question is it dead or do you think that something
 else is up? Dropping in another engine is no prob I have a spare
 and it gives an excuse for those hop up parts. I would just like
 a little input, TIA.

 Nate Long
 54 3600
 oletruck >>

  Hey Nate,

  You may want to see if the carb float is stuck down, or maybe has a pinhole
leak in it, the extra 1/2 quart of oil, may be gasoline.

  There's a bunch of other stuff to check too, points, plugs, etc, but I'd
start with the extra "oil" problem first.

  Mike