Re: [oletrucks] synthetic Oil for 216

To: rjj0msj@ix.netcom.com, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] synthetic Oil for 216
From: Advdesign1@aol.com
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 1999 07:05:17 EDT
In a message dated 08/23/99 06:31:09 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
rjj0msj@ix.netcom.com writes:

<<
 The only reason I can think of as to why NOT to use a detergent oil or a
 synthetic oil, would be on an engine that spent years running non-detergent
 oil (or poor oil changes).  Then the worry would be the breakup of all the
 sludge that had built up over the years.  >>

Oil engineers say detergent keeps carbon in suspension, but won't break up
gunk that already settled out into sludge.  They are in agreement that you
can switch to detergent oil even after years of abuse with non detergent, and
without a rebuild.  I have seen engines with clogged oil screens due to
sludge building up there.  that's engine abuse, which is punishable by the
new forfeiture law.

Just kidding. (about punishment)
bob ADler