[oletrucks] Engine and Transmission Numbers

To: Oletrucks <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Engine and Transmission Numbers
From: Gaona <gaonarlt@uswest.net>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 1999 12:20:17 -0700
Good day,
I recently picked up and engine and transmission from a friend of mine.
Both came out of a 56 or 57 Chevy 1/2 ton truck that had been rolled.
The cost was miner.  The engine has a number that reads GM 13, 591588.
I found this number on the right side on the engine near the fly wheel.
The transmission also has a number that reads 5756519 on the top side of
the transmission.
Can anyone please tell me what the numbers mean, year, size, etc.  My
friend claims the engine (v-8) is a 265 and the transmission is a muncie
4 speed.
Thanks in advance.
Robert