Re: [oletrucks] Machine Shop Frustration (Be advised this is long)

To: Ole Trucks <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Machine Shop Frustration (Be advised this is long)
From: WR Teto <monadnoc@crystal-mtn.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 1999 01:52:19 -0400
Mike, it sounds to me like the guy was not so much insinuating that you
were telling him what to do, as much as he was probably looking at the
job as a low profit endeavor.  What with the extra time needed to
correctly measure and set up the valves, I figure he didn't want to run
into a situation where he was losing money due to excessive hours.
Sounds to me like he wants to count on a fast turnover to make maximum
profits.  I certainly wouldn't be afraid to bring the work and the same
tool to another shop and try again.  I'm sure you'd get someone who
would not be offended by the advice and opinion of a potential customer.

Wally