Re: [oletrucks] 50 CHEVY

To: MLayton324@aol.com, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] 50 CHEVY
From: "dave riffel" <cafe_dave@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 1999 16:39:07 PDT
Mike,

I can't advise on the 292 but just last winter I put a 350 in my '50 3100.
You'll have to do new motor mounts, of course.  If you have a 4 speed you
may be able to get a 350 hooked up to that, I'm not sure, some of the other
guys can likely help out on that one.  If you decide to go with an auto or
more recent manual tranny you will also need to chane the rear end to one
that accepts an open driveshaft.  I've heard that there is a clearance
problem with the original steering box and a small block's exhaust.  I'm
sure there is a way to circumvent this but not sure how.  My truck has an
independant front suspension.  If you think of any other specifics let me
know.

Dave R.